Friday, June 10, 2011

Earthquake At Dawn, Kristiana Gregory, June 10.

In this book about the earthquake in San Fransisco on April 18, 1906.  The book is in the piont of view of Dasiy Valentine. Daisy is on her way to Australia with Edith Irvine, Daisy is Ediths servent, Daisy is going with Edith to help her phototgraph the world. But the world gets about as small as San Fransisco after the earthquake. In Earthquake At Dawn, we learn about the hardships people with no homes and no food face, we also learn about death. Even though the real records show only 300 died, there was at least a 1,000 deaths.
             I really enjoyed this book, I know I've said that a lot, but this time I truly mean it. I would highly recomend of  my age group, younger children would not understand much, but it fits perfectly for ages 10-15. this book is a 11-10. A very rare rating, but the actual photographs are ecatcly as described in the book. The next book i'm going to be reading is Wishes, Kisses, And Pigs by Bestsy Hearne. Happy Reading!
                                                              

No comments:

Post a Comment